- Sam #2: Okay, what're we feeling, red or white?
- Annie: Sam.
- Sam #2: Hmm.
- Annie: We need to talk.
- Sam #2: (chuckles) Uh, you mean the talk where you tell me how great I am, uh, but you can't get involved and it's not me it's you and you're damaged and you wish you could and (cough) (huck)...I refuse to have that talk. Now would you like red or would you like white?
- Annie: Sam...look, I...I'm not good for you.
- Sam #2: (stares)
- Annie: What?
- Sam #2: Are you happy?
- Annie: No I'm not happy.
- Sam #2: I could make you happy.
- Annie: (sighs)
- Sam #2: Seriously, let me love you. I am totally up to the task. Actually, I've already started.
- Annie: (gets up to leave) I can't, I can't...
- Sam #2: No no no no no, come on, don't walk out on this before we've even started, please.
- Sam #2: Look at me. I get it, okay. I get it. I'm not the guy you had in mind. But what if you don't know what's best for you?
- Annie: And you do?
- Sam #2: I believe I do.
- Annie: Where did you come from Sam #2?
- Sam #2: West Chester
- Annie: (laughs)
- Sam #2: Do you want to know why I hang out on the fifth floor? The first time I saw you...God, I thought, "Wow, her...the girl with the funny head wrap. I wanna be near that girl." Trust me, I don't normally talk this way, but I am gone over you.
- Annie: Stop. Okay, shut the fuck up.
- Sam #2: Why, why?
- Annie: Just stop, please just stop, don't say that.
- Sam #2: You can hear this... Close your eyes.
- Annie: What?
- Sam #2: I just want you to listen to me. Humor me please.
- Annie: (pauses and then with a sigh, closes her eyes)
- Sam #2: It's not easy to be adored, you in particular, you have a tougher time with it than most, I get that, but I want you to give it a try. Think of it as an experiment. I promise I will be very wonderful at adoring you Annie. It's an area where I think I've got a great deal of talent. You're worth the adoration Annie, you're worth it..and the fact that you don't believe it has nothing to do with whether it's true or not. It's true for me and that's all that matters.
i wish i could find a video for this but no such luck. this is one of the sweetest scenes in a movie, ever.
at 3:10 PM